The ADG membership includes directors of feature film, television, documentary, animation, commercials, music videos, shorts, light entertainment, reality and all digital media.
Just some of the many benefits available to all our members:
- Information and professional advice about industrial issues which affect directors such as contracts and fees including a regular e-news and magazine;
- Eligibility to enter the ADG Awards and discounts on all ADG events including the ADG Conference;
- Legal advice for full members from a qualified entertainment lawyer;
- Voting rights at the AGM, networking opportunities and discounts in bookstores, theatres, cinemas and industry facilities;
- Free ASDACS (Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collecting Society) membership and registration.
Full Membership is open to any screen director or independent producer with a minimum of twenty minutes of credited screen time, in any medium. In the case of directors of music clips, advertising, animation, or any other medium where each work is of short duration, ADG takes a flexible attitude to the screen time requirement. Applicants must enclose a resume listing their credits and the contact details of an industry professional to act as referee for the ADG Board.
Associate Membership is open to all industry professionals working in any area of film and television production and those sympathetic to the aims and objectives of ADG (including writers, executive producers, line producers, composers etc). Associate membership is also open to emerging filmmakers who have not yet acquired their twenty minute screen time required to join as a Full Member. Associates are eligible for all membership benefits, except industrial and legal advice, participation on policy subcommittees and voting rights.
Associate Membership - Corportate
Companies and educational insitutions that support the aims of the adg and wish to maintain a formal connection with the guild.
Student Membership is only available to full time students. Applicants must enclose a photocopy of their current student identification card.