The ADG membership includes directors of feature film, television, documentary, animation, commercials, music videos, shorts, light entertainment, reality and all digital media.
For all Members:
- Information, access and professional advice about industrial issues which affect directors – such as contracts and fees, including regular e-news and our SCREEN DIRECTOR magazine
- Access to ADG Recommended Directors Feature Film Agreement
- Access to IR resources including ADG and IAESDO Creative Rights and Codes of Practice
- Opportunity to have your voice included in submissions to government, agencies and key stakeholders
- Advice on disputes
- Eligibility to enter the annual ADG Awards
- Networking opportunities
- Connections with international Guilds through ADG’s affiliation with overseas directors guilds through IAESDO (DGA, DGC, Directors UK, SDGI, SDGNZ)
- Discounts on all ADG organised events including the ADG bi-annual Conference
- Discounts on other guild memberships
- Discounts at film industry business and industry events, selected cinemas, theatres, bookshops etc.
- Free ASDACS (Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collecting Society) membership, registration and waiving of the 10% fee on collection of royalties
For Full Members Only:
- Voting rights at annual AGM (Annual General Meeting) and eligibility to nominate for the ADG board
- Access to industrial and legal advice for individual directors (1 hour free legal advice and if needed continuing legal advice from a qualified entertainment lawyer)
- Right to participate on policy sub-committees
Full Membership is open to any screen director or independent producer with a minimum of twenty minutes of credited screen time, in any medium. In the case of directors of music clips, advertising, animation, or any other medium where each work is of short duration, ADG takes a flexible attitude to the screen time requirement. Applicants must enclose a resume listing their credits and the contact details of an industry professional to act as referee for the ADG Board.
Associate Membership is open to all industry professionals working in any area of film and television production and those sympathetic to the aims and objectives of ADG (including writers, composers, etc). Associate membership is also open to emerging filmmakers who have not yet acquired their twenty minute screen time required to join as a Full Member. Associates are eligible for all membership benefits, except industrial and legal advice, participation on policy subcommittees and voting rights.
Student Membership is only available to full time students. Applicants must enclose a photocopy of their current student identification card.
For members who have programs that have been or might be screened overseas, joining
the AUSTRALIAN SCREEN DIRECTORS AUTHORSHIP COLLECTION SOCIETY (ASDACS) is an opportunity for you to receive
royalties for your work from Europe. ASDACS collects royalties for directors from any film or television program
that is screened in the following countries:
France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, Luxemburg, Norway, Slovenia and Lithuania.
ASDACS membership is free to all ADG Members (conditions apply) so please follow the link here and join up when you have completed your ADG membership.