The ADG membership includes directors of feature film, television, documentary, animation, commercials, music videos, shorts, light entertainment, reality and all digital media.
Just some of the many benefits available to all our members:
- Information and professional advice about industrial issues which affect directors such as contracts and fees including a regular e-news and magazine;
- Eligibility to enter the ADG Awards and discounts on all ADG events including the ADG Conference;
- Legal advice for full members from a qualified entertainment lawyer;
- Voting rights at the AGM, networking opportunities and discounts in bookstores, theatres, cinemas and industry facilities;
- Free ASDACS (Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collecting Society) membership and registration.
For members who have programs that have been or might be screened overseas, joining
the AUSTRALIAN SCREEN DIRECTORS AUTHORSHIP COLLECTION SOCIETY (ASDACS) is an opportunity for you to receive
royalties for your work from Europe. ASDACS collects royalties for directors from any film or television program
that is screened in the following countries:
France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, Luxemburg, Norway, Slovenia and Lithuania.
ASDACS membership is free to all ADG Members (conditions apply) so please follow the link here and join up when you have completed your ADG membership.
Full Membership is open to any screen director or independent producer with a minimum of twenty minutes of credited screen time, in any medium. In the case of directors of music clips, advertising, animation, or any other medium where each work is of short duration, ADG takes a flexible attitude to the screen time requirement. Applicants must enclose a resume listing their credits and the contact details of an industry professional to act as referee for the ADG Board.
Associate Membership is open to all industry professionals working in any area of film and television production and those sympathetic to the aims and objectives of ADG (including writers, composers, etc). Associate membership is also open to emerging filmmakers who have not yet acquired their twenty minute screen time required to join as a Full Member. Associates are eligible for all membership benefits, except industrial and legal advice, participation on policy subcommittees and voting rights.
Student Membership is only available to full time students. Applicants must enclose a photocopy of their current student identification card.