The Directors Chair presents - IS TELEVISION THE NEW CINEMA?
Commercial and Content Directing Mentorship for female directors
The Australian Directors’ Guild (ADG) has partnered with The Communications Council and seven advertising production companies to offer commercial and content directing mentorships to female directors.
As part of the support received from Screen Australia’s Gender Matters: Brilliant Careers initiative, advertising production companies from New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia will mentor up to seven female directors.
In consultation with the participating Production Companies, the decision was made to open up the eligibility to not just directors, but also to film, television and advertising industry professionals from other disciplines who would also have some directing experience.
Examples of the visual mediums applicants are expected to have experience directing in include, but are not limited to: short films, documentary, short form drama, long form drama, feature films, branded content, commercials, corporate videos, animation and music videos.
Eligible are those applicants that can demonstrate an elementary level of skill and experience as a director. For more information about eligibility please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be open from Friday 14 October 2016 until the 30 November 2016 with the following application materials to be supplied and sent via email to email@example.com
- An application form downloadable from the ADG website or available upon request
- A two minute show reel demonstrating the applicant’s visual style
- Up to two additional pieces of work the applicant has directed which can include any screen content such as short films, documentaries, commercials, branded content, corporate videos, music videos, animations etc.
- A one minute piece-to-camera pitch explaining why the applicant should be chosen for the mentorship
- CV including awards and festivals won or participated in
- A reference from a screen industry practitioner
For more information please contact the Australian Directors’ Guild on (02) 9555 7045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org