We are the Australian Directors Guild
The Australian Directors Guild (ADG) is an industry association representing the interests of film, television and digital media directors, documentary makers, animators throughout Australia.
ADG works to promote excellence in screen direction, to encourage communication and collaboration between directors and others in the industry, and to provide professional support for its members.
ADG is proud to represent the key creative elements of the Australian independent production sector, and maintains its high profile in a cultural and policy role by addressing issues affecting the industry from a broad perspective.
For all Members:
- Information, access and professional advice about industrial issues which affect directors – such as contracts and fees, including regular e-news and our Screen Director magazine
- Access to ADG Recommended Directors Feature Film Agreement
- Eligibility to enter the annual ADG Awards
- Networking opportunities and connections with international Guilds
- Discounts on all ADG organised events including the ADG bi-annual Conference
- Discounts on other guild memberships, at film industry business and industry events, selected cinemas, theatres, bookshops etc.
- Free ASDACS (Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collecting Society) membership, registration and waiving of the 20% fee on collection of royalties
For Full Members only:
- Voting rights at annual AGM and eligibility to nominate for the ADG board
- 1 hour free legal advice and if needed continuing legal advice from a qualified entertainment lawyer