We are the Australian Directors Guild
The Australian Directors Guild (ADG) is an industry association representing the interests of film, television and digital media directors, documentary makers, animators, assistant directors and independent producers throughout Australia. ADG has 700 members nationally.
ADG works to promote excellence in screen direction, to encourage communication and collaboration between directors and others in the industry, and to provide professional support for its members.
ADG is proud to represent the key creative elements of the Australian independent production sector, and maintains its high profile in a cultural and policy role by addressing issues affecting the industry from a broad perspective.
Just some of the many benefits available to all our members:
- Information and professional advice about industrial issues which affect directors such as contracts and fees including a regular e-news and magazine;
- Eligibility to enter the ADG Awards and discounts on all ADG events including the ADG Conference;
- Legal advice for full members from a qualified entertainment lawyer;
- Voting rights at the AGM, networking opportunities and discounts in bookstores, theatres, cinemas and industry facilities;
- Free ASDACS (Australian Screen Directors Authorship Collecting Society) membership and registration.